Save Some Energy This Winter With Home WeatherizationMelton Heating and Air
One of the most effective ways to save money on heating and cooling costs is to have your home weatherized. Full weatherization requires several steps, such as installing additional insulation, but when the task is complete, you will find yourself more comfortable, and the increased energy efficiency will be reflected by the lower energy costs.
Benefits of Weatherization
When you weatherize your home, you will experience numerous advantages that will leave you wondering why the job wasn’t done sooner. Following are just a few of the top benefits of weatherization:
- Improved comfort – Your home will stay nice and toasty in the winter, and it will be easier to cool in the summer.
- Increased energy efficiency – You can reduce your energy bills by up to 30 percent by weatherizing your home. That translates to an average savings of $600 per year.
- Low cost-to-savings ratio – According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the value of weatherizing is 2.2 times greater than the cost.
- Better indoor air quality – The weatherizing process blocks outdoor contaminants from entering and improves ventilation.
- Increased home value – Weatherizing your home increases its resale value.
- Tax credits – Several federal and state programs provide tax credits, rebates and other incentives for weatherizing your home.
Types of Weatherizing
To completely weatherize your home, a professional technician will go through several steps, including the following:
- Detect air leaks
- Seal cracks and gaps in walls and joints
- Add insulation to the attic and/or crawlspace
- Weather-strip doors and windows
Reliable HVAC Service in Rock Hill, SC
While it is possible to weatherize your home on your own, a professional HVAC company, such as Melton Heating & Air Conditioning in Rock Hill, SC, will ensure the job is done reliably and thoroughly. The process begins with an energy audit and concludes with a fully weatherized home. To schedule a healthy home assessment, call Melton Heating & Conditioning today at (803) 693-0114.